Born 65 years ago into an aristocratic and well-connected family from Italy’s Piedmont region, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo was a racing driver before an impassioned performance on a radio show caught the attention of Enzo Ferrari. The legendary carmaker employed Montezemolo as his assistant in 1973, and put him in charge of his racing team a year later. These days Montezemolo is chairman of Ferrari (among other things), but despite the car company’s flashy image his dress remains resolutely classic. A close examination of his clothes reveals just how many different elements come together to produce the apparently effortless style that we Brits are often tempted to envy. (more…)
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive our latest news and updates
- What’s in a pocket?
- Here comes the sun
- The Velvet Jacket
- Recreating the North By Northwest Suit [Documentary]
- Summer sports jackets
- Seersucker – what you need to know
- Nick Cave kicking it – GQ’s 50 best dressed men 2018
- I feel the need, the need for tweed
- Morning dress guide for a wedding (or Ascot)
- What is Made To Measure?